Monday, August 2, 2010

What if You're Wrong?

Richard Dawkins is, of course, a man to be admired. And I love this answer he gives during a speaking engagement when a young woman asks, "But what if you're wrong?"



That's something that atheists have to deal with quite a bit. The minute somebody finds out that you don't believe in a god (and they do), they have this inexplicable compulsion to defend their beliefs and challenge yours.

Frankly, as the skeptic, I don't need to defend my views. We've already discussed Russell's Teapot, right? Anyway, I'll let Dawkins speak for me on this for now. It's a great soundbite worth sharing, in any case.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a place for thoughtful discussion or humor, not attacks. If you disagree, please keep it polite. If you wouldn't say it that way in person, don't post it. We're not that angry here. And lighten up. Thanks!